+ Music on my mind #2

Source

Devil’s Spoke – Laura Marling

Laura Marling may not have had a string of Number One hits, but it’s her understated success with critics and music lovers which suggests her hauntingly beautiful music will be around for decades to come. I have only listened to Devil’s Spoke, the first release from I Speak Because I Can, a handful of times but it is permanently bouncing around in my mind – I love its energy and the video is stunning!

Rainbowarriors – CocoRosie

If you look hard you can find a
Rainbow trail it’s deep inside ya
Fear not you’re a rainbowarrior
Golden light on everything gleaming
[…] Rainbow love awaits us
With hearts of love and tears

Quirky background sounds and feelgood lyrics to Rainbowarriors make this one of my faves!

I ♥ Pop

Lately, the first time I hear a pop song I lament its shittiness and wonder how on earth they manage to sell any copies at all. I had this thought with both Shakira’s She Wolf and Cheryl Cole’s Three Words after my first listen.

But something overtakes my sanity and all of a sudden I find myself pressing the repeat button, loving them in their three minutes’ worth of cheese-tastic pop!

7 Comments

• Alice says:

I enjoy Laura Marling’s music, It’s a real shame she didn’t hit it off as she should have. She has done a wonderful duet with the Mystery Jets you may like. My favourite song is ‘My Manic and I’ it is so intricate and beautiful.

• Andy Tan says:

Thanks Jeni for visiting my blog. Really lovin your site.

Stay in touch!

xoxo,
    andyquirks.blogspot.com

• dannie says:

oooh niiice tunage
    thanks for all the great suggestions!
    but omgosh- you dont like she wolf??? sooo great for dancing sexily, no? haha

• heart charlie says:

I love cocorosie, I will have to check out laura marking 😉

• Amber says:

i love cocorosie!!! SO SO VERY MUCH! yay – a kindred spirit! 🙂

And, I want pink hair.

Amber

ambersmouthwash

• jem says:

sometimes its so annoying when you get a cheesy pop song stuck in your head… but yet i find i cant help but like it! awsome blog btw…

• Daisy Gentry says: